What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, December 2, 2014, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
You don’t have to be a world leader or a billionaire to give back. #GivingTuesday is about ordinary people coming together doing extraordinary things.
So what does this all have to do with Mountain TOP?
On Giving Tuesday, we have a goal of raising $5,000 on that day alone, that will go towards our 2014 Annual Giving Fund. The money that goes into the Annual Fund goes to the area of greatest need at Mountain T.O.P, whether that be lumber, snack packs, Fall Festival items, metal roofing, keeping the lights on, facility repairs, or anything else that enables this ministry to fulfill our mission.
On Giving Tuesday, based on the number of gifts, amount given, unique gifts given, Mountain T.O.P. can receive additional funds from PayPal, Razoo, and the Giving Tuesday Campaign. So we can potentially turn that $5,000 into $6,000, or $10,000 or more!
What can YOU do about it?
1. You can give a gift of at least $10 on December 2 on the Mountain TOP ThanksGIVING TUESDAY Fundraiser page on razoo.
2. You can become a Mountain TOP Giving Tuesday Ambassador. Ambassadors will receive a tool kit with things to post, send, and share with friends and family to tell them about Mountain TOP and about Giving Tuesday.
3. You can encourage 5 friends and family members to donate at least $10 to The ThanksGIVING TUESDAY Fundraiser which immediately multiplies your gift and contribution.
4. You can give a gift today and share it with your friends and family, asking them to match your gift today or on Giving Tuesday.
5. Share our updates for Giving Tuesday on your social media to help spread the word.
Mountain TOP would not be able to live out the calling for this ministry without you and your dedication to this ministry. Any gift or contribution immediately goes back into the service to our community. Whether you give today or on December 2, know that your gift is making a difference, and that we thank you for all that you do for this ministry.
For more information on how to get involved in Giving Tuesday email firstname.lastname@example.org.